Sunday, March 28, 2010

Not So Great Time For A Great Dane

I have been tracking "Ella" the great dane I so very much wanted to adopt, but tonight found out some bad news. She was adopted, meaning off the market for me. My brother jokingly said to me just last week, that I better snatch her up while she was available. Well Daniel, you are getting the last laugh here. I will not for the sake of the dog and my parents, adopt a Great Dane until I have graduated college (May 14), gotten a full time job, and moved out of my parents house. These minor set backs are what is keeping my pack from growing. To curb my envies for a Great Dane, I will in fact start to volunteer for the local Great Dane rescue. This will most likely begin sometime after Easter or maybe even after graduation seeing that I am fairly busy right now. Wish me luck, and patients. Also, to the lucky person/family who adopted Ella, congratulations she is one BEAUTIFUL dog!

6 comments:

lisa said...

So sad! You were just talking about her!!

You are doing the responsible thing, however :)

elise MIGNON hoffman said...

Thank you Lisa :)

maybe when I do get my great dane, Lily will be old enough to play with/ride it hahaha jk

Laura said...

Awww, I'm sorry Elise!! When it's right it will happen :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry Goog! Maybe you could get a
Great Dane-Pug mix... A Great Pug???
Love,
Steve

elise MIGNON hoffman said...

YAY Steve you commented... now just become a follower!!! On the great dane pug mix... that would be PHUGLY!!!! haha I'm gonna stick with the pure bred great dane!

Anonymous said...

The female Pug & male Great Dane mix is called a "Pittbull", think about it.