Monday, March 22, 2010

Tennis Anyone?

With the weather warming up (even if today was a little chilly) its officially tennis season. AHH CRUD! This means our neighborhood tennis courts are occupied from about 3pm to 9pm EVERYDAY. This is a problem only because tennis helps my wild pup unwind and release the pent up energy from the day. Our long walks are much more pleasant after she's run around off the leash chasing tennis balls I've thrown all around the FENCED in courts. As many of you know, puppies or adolescent dogs are in their wild and rebellious stage so coming back to owners isn't ALWAYS top on the list. We work on this with fetch in the tennis courts at least two times a week.
Today however we got all ready to go on our long walk with the tennis courts first on the list. I pack a small bag with tennis balls, her foldable water bowl, a bottle of water, training treats, and of course poop bags (there is no nice way to put that). We took off and what to our surprise did we find but, FULL TO THE MAX TENNIS COURTS, WHAT?! HOW DARE THEY BE PLAYING TENNIS?! This was fine (I guess) we just went around the park and continued our walk. I had to fight the wild pup only part of the way, but it sure was enough for me to declare my dislike for tennis right now!
Happy Spring! For those tennis players out there, I hope you break your racket!

3 comments:

lisa said...

Haha! Maybe you should just unleash Beignet into the courts while they are playing...that is sure to break some rackets.

Sush said...

Softball fields even had people playing softball on them. The very nerve!

Thank goodness for you and your energy...you always find a way to help the doughnut get rid of her energy. Until the next hour anyway...!
I thank you and doughbutt thanks you...nope not a typo I think I am going to call her doughbutt when I don't call her Beignet! HAHAHAHA

Pop said...

Loved your posting about your tennis partner. I wonder how she swings her racket with all those tennis balls. Sounds like you two have fun even if you can't get on the tennis courts. Later.