Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Oh the places I've been...

So as many of you know, last week I put on my drivin' gloves and took off! After a lovely night spent with my adorable niece Lily and wonderful sister-in-law Lisa I traveled to my first destination Richmond, Virginia. The home of my brother Daniel, and sister-in-law Laura, is a beautiful city. This is one of my favorite cities to drive to, and through, because of the water. I am a water bug... I love cities that contain water. So, as I drove in to Richmond to see my brother and sister, this was the view that backs up my love for driving to and through Richmond.

I spent the night and next day with Daniel and Laura, and to my great surprise my brother Tim who was in town on business. We shared laughs over drinks and simply enjoyed being together. Truly the best way to spend an evening to me is with my family. Daniel and Laura surprised me with a delicious steak and potato meal... man can they cook! This was a short but wonderful trip to a lovely city home to some of my favorites!

So on to my next stop... Burke, Va. This city is the new home to my brother Scott and sister-in-law Erin.  The newlyweds have moved into a new home and asked for some design q/a time during my visit. This was so fun for me, to help them make their home, THEIR home.  Pictures were hung in the house with care, with hopes personalization would fill the air. We ate many great meals and snuggled by their christmas tree to watch some HGTV since it was freezing outside. It seems every time I go to visit my family the time flies, and sooner than wanted it's time to head home. Not to worry though, there will be more visits to come to Burke, because like Richmond it holds the people who have a special place in my heart.

Next on the list would be HOME to Raleigh. This is where I've grown-up and come to love this city more than anything, because it is HOME. I was greeted with open paws from my two adorable puppy dogs, and of course open arms from my wonderful parents. To celebrate being home and the special time of year, we decorated the christmas tree with christmas music and hot chocolate, a big tradition in the Hoffman household. So now i'm home for the holiday's and it feels wonderful... just missing one thing, the WHOLE family. To my out of town family, START PACKING!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Such a sweet post!!!!! We loved having you visit in Richmond...you are always welcomed. :) One day when we have a home, you will HAVE to come help w/decorating! I also love the pics of Holden and Beignet, precious!

Erin H. said...

I agree Laura!! We loved having you visit too, and can't wait for the next time you come up. See you next week! Love you! :-)