Monday, December 21, 2009

Oh Dawlin' Hawt



So after "makin' groceries" a New Orleans term for Grocery shopping, I decided to try a new recipe for dinner. Now this was not just any old recipe I might add, it was a true tribute to my love for New Orleans food. If you've ever been to New Orleans you may know of this sandwich and maybe even tried it a time or two. If not, then take a minute and store this tid bit of info in your memory bank. The Muffuletta, is a New Orleans sandwich that is to die for. The contents of a muffuletta are, salami, ham, provolone cheese, olive salad, and sometimes red onions. There is one particular place when visiting New Orleans that my family always gets our Muffuletta's, and that is Central Grocery down in the French Quarter. So back to the recipe I tried tonight, it was a rendition of the Muffuletta, called Muffuletta Pasta. The recipe called for everything that goes on the sandwich but instead of making a sandwich, you added the ingredients to pasta. Yummmmy! It was fantabulous if I do say so myself, and VERY easy! So next time you're in the mood for pasta salad, I vote you try the Muffuletta Pasta recipe  found on NOLA.com

1 comment:

Sush said...

I am here to attest this was a fantastic New Orleans mouth fest! Love that cookin' gal...my dawlin' hawt!