Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Gobble Gobble

Hello All...  I feel like a lost soul amongst the bloggers. I have been so busy that my blog has not gotten the attention it deserves, or should I say that I want it to have.  With Halloween now behind us, I have jumped head first into "holiday season" mode. My itunes playlist of choice is "CHRISTMAS!!!" and, I am loving it. Many people think it’s too early for the cheerful songs and holiday spirit, but it is merely something to look forward to. I will not overlook thanksgiving though, I am counting down the days until I am allowed to feast on yummy food and drinks and relax with my wonderful family. The Hoffman's are a lively bunch, and every time we get together it’s sure to be loads of fun. We have been e-mailing each other in preparation for the big day, and boy these e-mails give you a belly laugh. My contribution to the e-mail chain was a quote I found on thanksgiving.
"May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
                     Stay off your thighs!" 
- unknown
So in honor of Thanksgiving and all the things to be thankful for, let the turkey trot begin!

1 comment:

Sush said...

The Turkey Throw Down is on...all chefs get your cooking tools ready!