Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hello Blog World... I'M BAAAACCCKKKK!!!

Okay, its been um well maybe lets just brush over the amount of time I have not been blogging. All that matters is that I'm back, and ready to reveal to the world all the new adventures of my life! I have bought some big ticket items recently, but the most recent will be the topic of this blog. I bought a really fancy shmancy camera, the (at least to me it is) Nikon D5000!!!  So, I will keep this short because I do not have any fun pictures yet... just words for now. I am going to track my status of learning how to use this new machine, on my blog. So, for day one: I opened the box and took a deep breath. For a girl who likes to think of herself as tech savvy, this camera was a bit... okay A LOT overwhelming. You have to kind of know something or other about putting a lens on, and well to be honest I was scared to brake it! I did get all the important pieces on the camera, and managed to get one of my lenses on. I did take a few snap shots but then turned it off and packed it back up until tomorrow. Sheesh, who knew trying to put together a camera could be so exhausting! Tomorrow I will break out the user manual... maybe even one of the teaching dvd's that came with it! Keep checking for new pictures... they will be coming soon!!!

4 comments:

Sush said...

Yay, I missed your postings So Much! And I can't wait for you to keep reading since the practice pics were some for me! Need to get to the upload page...
xoxox
Mom

Laura said...

OMG, this is what my parents are getting me for x-mas! I think this exact camera! Woohoo! You will have to tell me the tricks of using it when you figure it out :) Yayy, sooo exciting. Love ya!

lisa said...

So glad that you are back! I have missed your posts :)

I have to say I am a bit envious of your recent purchase, but I will take full advantage of the benefits. Please come practice on Lil and the family anytime.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! We have been checking!
Love,
Steve