Monday, September 21, 2009

Getting back to basics



Beignet always goes for the face when showing love!




ZOOM, ZOOM!
[while the characters from Cars may go fast, making the two blankets for my nephews did not!]



This little piggy went to... Aunt Elise's!



I think I noticed every colorful plant on my walk...



nature at its best...



This weekend I did a lot of different things, each offering different aspects of inspiration. I played with my puppy, I got a little crafty, made memories with my niece, took a walk, went shopping, and finally just daydreamed. All of these things had nothing to do with each other, but when I sat down and thought about it they all were things that made me feel comfortable. After each situation you experience, whether it may be shopping, or just simple every day occurrences, you note how you feel in that situation. This made me think of our assignment and how we as designers can get people to create a buzz about the Salvation Army Select. If we are thoughtful in our design and make shoppers feel comfortable, they will be more inclined to share this experience with their friends and neighbors. While people enjoy memorable things, they also appreciate comfort in their experience. So this inspired me to take the approach in design the same way you think of that old ratty t-shirt you just can’t bear to throw away, comfortable. So, lets reinvent the wheel of comfort; turn ordinary into extraordinary.

1 comment:

allisynmiller said...

hey, great point about comfort for customers. i really like that idea and think we need to make sure we keep this store warm, inviting and comfortable!
ps i wanna hear more about your puppy. :)